Celebration Holiday Homes
Celebration Holiday Homes are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and personal data. This document is designed to inform you how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) or when you use any of our services and to tell you about your privacy rights.
Our policy is in line with GDPR requirements and current best practice. If you have any questions or would like any further clarification, please don’t hesitate to contact our Data Administrator who is Alison Woodfine, you can contact Alison directly on firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone on 01937 222120 or write to her at our head office which is at Commer House, Station Road, Tadcaster, LS24 9JF.
Celebration Holiday Homes is a trading division of Tadcaster Pub Company Ltd, registered address Commer House, Station Road, Tadcaster, LS24 9JF, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 06156274.
Our customers must be over the age of 18, we do not collect personal information from children.
An up-to-date, public version of our policy will always be available to view on our website.
Visitors to our Website
Please note in respect of data collected via the website, this policy covers only our website (celebrationholidayhomes.com) and not any third-party sites you may have used to find us. We do not operate or control these websites and are not responsible for the privacy policies or any of the content on these other websites. You should check the policy statement of those websites to determine whether you wish to share your personal information with them.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners, advertisers and affiliates. Via our blog, social media and other marketing channels we may also recommend other relevant businesses/attractions and include a link to visit their website. If you follow a link to any of these websites you should refer to those individual companies to confirm their own privacy policies before deciding to submit any personal data to them.
Please note that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for the use of third party websites or their privacy/data policies.
We use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way that does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information
and will explain what we intend to do with it.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. By using our website, you are agreeing your acceptance to allow our site to take this cookie information, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. This information we would only utilise to
improve our overall website performance and customer experience. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of this and other websites.
Security and performance
We use a third-party service to help maintain the security and performance of our website. To deliver this service it processes the IP addresses of visitors to our website.
Information we collect
Information stored may include anything from the list below:
- Identification – title, forename, surname, salutation
- Contact details – address, phone number (landline or mobile), email address
- Booking information – name of property, holiday dates, cost and amount paid, limited details of party (e.g. number of adults/children/infants/dogs), any special requests and any accessibility requirements
- Payment – dates of payment, type of card used, last 4 digits of card, card expiry date
- Reviews – comments and scores
- Communication – emails sent to us and from us to you, results and feedback of any marketing campaigns.
Please note we do not store or retain the personal card or payment details we are provided with.
How we collect information
Data is collected by us in a number of different ways via a variety of channels, whilst this will normally be from data provided by our guests or potential guests when they make an enquiry or to book a property, this will not always be the case. The data we collect will come from a variety of sources including data input onto our website, replies from our third party review organisation on guest stays, telephone calls, email or letter correspondence including campaigns or marketing blogs, social media contact or responses to social media campaigns.
We also market our properties via a number of other platforms, websites and affiliates. We may be sent information from them that you have provided. In such cases the companies collecting the data should also inform you of their privacy and data policies.
People may contact us via social media including; Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, WhatsApp, Snapchat & Instagram. If you share our content through social media, for example by liking us on Facebook, following or tweeting about us on Twitter, or giving us a ‘+1’ via Google Plus, those social networks will record that you have done so and may set a cookie for this purpose. In some cases, where a page on our website includes content from a social network, such as a Twitter feed, or Facebook comments box, those services may set a cookie even where you do not click a button. As is the case for all cookies, we cannot access those set by social networks, just as those social networks cannot access cookies we set ourselves.
How we use, process and store the data we collect
We use the information we collect to help us run our business successfully and efficiently and to be able to support the needs of our guests and ensure they have a successful holiday, this can include:
- Responding to enquiries
- Complete and manage bookings including processing payments
- To confirm or advise of changes or problems with any bookings
- Communication about and sending out information in respect of booked holidays
- Continuing to improve our website and marketing campaigns
- Detection and prevention of fraud and abuse of our services
- Keeping members of our database up-to-date with any special offers or other information that we believe may be of interest to them
- To help us respond to any queries
- To highlight key demographics and general statistical analysis
- To monitor how we are performing in terms of customer service
The data we collect is stored and processed using market leading software providers who all have security policies and guarantees. In addition to this we use password protected PC’s and laptops, we subscribe to a third party firewall on which our servers sit and we use up-to-date anti-virus protection across all laptops and PC’s on our network. We take the security of your data very seriously and as well as having all the necessary technical defences in place we train our staff on how to keep personal data secure and how to avoid data scamming traps.
For certain business processes we use third party software services; this may mean we have to transfer certain information we hold to these providers. We will always ensure the providers we use are reputable providers with adequate levels of protection in place to protect the integrity and security of any information being processed and that any such suppliers are fully compliant with applicable privacy laws.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our email newsletters. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice.
Guests or potential guests we hold data about always have the choice to opt out of marketing communication from us at any time, by requesting this in writing or unsubscribing directly from any marketing emails.
When we share your personal data
We will only share your data when it is a necessary part of our business processes and only ever to assist us with running our business professionally and efficiently.
The ways we share your data are set out below:
- Contact & booking information is provided to property owners so they can manage your holiday booking effectively
- Data may be shared with certain carefully selected software providers as detailed above for the purposes of customer/booking management and marketing
- Some contact information along with booking data may be passed to third-party review companies. This is to allow customers to leave an honest appraisal of their experience and to help future guests make informed decisions. Customers have the option of ignoring the invitation to review
- Selected specialist suppliers may be used to assist in posting brochures/leaflets etc. We will request that any data is deleted by these suppliers once it has been processed
- If we are arranging something for you or your party during your holiday it may be necessary to pass on information to other third-party suppliers
- We may share your email address with Google and/or Facebook to assist us with our marketing and promotion. They may use socio-demographic information about you to identify other people like you, with similar interests to present our marketing to. This socio-demographic information is not used for any other purpose nor shared with any other party. No information about other individuals identified from these networks is shared with us at any time
- We will only input your payment data with our registered Debit/Credit card processing partner in order to process payments
- If asked to, we may have to disclose your personal data without your permission in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal right
Our legal rights and requirements to process your data
Our right or duty to obtain, store, process and share your data is based on the following grounds:
- Booking and holiday management
Contact and booking information used by us and shared with the Property owner to enable them to manage holiday bookings successfully. Historical booking information and data provided in relation to a booking may also be retained.
- Legal and Financial Obligations
We are required by law to retain certain types of data, including financial records, so that we can respond to a request to audit our business. If we are required to disclose any information to an official third party or authority we will only do so where we are legally obliged to.
- Legitimate interest
Personal data is used by us to provide ongoing support and service to our guests. This includes keeping you up-to-date with what we’re doing as a business. If you have booked with us or have expressed an interest in our holiday homes in the past we may use your name and contact details to tell you about a new home or holiday home related news. Your right to privacy will always outweigh these legitimate interests and you have the option at all times to unsubscribe or ask us to remove your details. Our right to share your data with the carefully selected third parties as detailed above is also covered under this right.
Your rights in relation to your personal data
The data we collect, store and process is normally provided to us by you directly. We take the responsibility of that very seriously and promise to take all appropriate steps to ensure it is used responsibly and securely.
At any time you have the right to ask us to amend or edit your data, or withdraw your consent for your data to be stored and processed. You can email us on email@example.com to request this.
Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998 and replacement legislation. If we do hold information about you, we will:
- give you a description of the information we hold;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form
To make a request for any personal information we may hold, you need put the request in writing addressing it to our Data Administrator at the address provided above. If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone.
You have the right to request that we correct or remove your data, when there remains no legal basis for keeping it.
If you have any other questions or concerns about the use of your data please contact our Data Administrator using the contact details above
Complaints or data queries
At Celebration Holiday Homes we try to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
This privacy notice was drafted with brevity and clarity in mind. It does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of our collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests for this should be sent to our Data Administrator (contact details above).
In many circumstances, we will not disclose personal data without consent. However, when we investigate a complaint, for example, we will need to share personal information with the people concerned and with other relevant bodies.
You have the right to receive a confirmation of any personal data we hold about you. Once a request has been made we have 1 calendar month to respond. Please note that when these rights are exercised, we will conduct identification checks in order to ensure your privacy is safeguarded. Please contact our Data Administrator (as detailed above) to make this request.